|Functional Text Prohibition Created by Aditya Pramana Putra, Class 8F|
Hi Guys! How are you? Hope you always fine and have good healthy. Aaamiin. Oh okay, in this time Juliant wants to let you to share about one of Function Text. It’s a “Prohibition”. Do you know what Prohibition is? Hehehe. Okay. Let’s discus. In Juliant’s opinion, Prohibition is . . . . .
“Prohibition” is sentence to describe “how to forbid someone else to do something”.
This sentence usually use “Do not /don’t” and we must put exclamation mark (!) in the last sentence .
Okay there are some roles to make prohibition.
1. Using verb 1 or usually we call “Verbal Prohibition”.
- Don’t go anywhere!
- Don’t sit on the table!
- Don’t cry!
- Don’t make any noisy!
- Don’t cheat!
2. Using Adverb (Adjective, and noun) or usually we call “Nominal Prohibition”.
In this role, we must put be between don’t and adverb.
- Don’t be lazy!
- Don’t be naughty!
- Don’t be crazy!
- Don’t be jealous!
- Don’t be careless!
- Don’t be a corruptor!
- Don’t be a traitor!
3. Using Gerund. If we use gerund, we must change do not / don’t with no.
- No smoking!
- No hurting!
- No kidding!
- No eating!
4. Same with instruction, we can make polite prohibition with put “Please in front of or behind sentence.
- Please, don’t make any noisy!
- Don’t make any noisy, Please!
- Please, don’t be silly!
- Don’t be silly, Please!
~> Because prohibition is one of functional text so it use "present tense".
~> When you use "Do not/don't" after that you must put verb 1.
~> Then when you use "No", so after that you must use verb-ing/gerund .
Okay, I think enough but when you wanna add some information about prohibition, it's okay too. ^^