too dan so digunakan untuk menggabungkan dua kalimat positif yang memiliki predikat yang sama. Jadi anda harus selalu ingat bahwa too dan so hanya digunakan untuk kalimat positif saja.
Berikut ini rumusnya:
- Siti Zulaiha is beautiful. Jupe is Beautiful.
Siti Zulaiha is beautiful, and so is Jupe.
Siti Zulaiha is beautiful, and Jupe is too.
I ====================== am
You/we/they ============= are
She/he/it ================ is
- I am tall. She is tall -->
- I am tall, and so is she.
- I am tall, and she is too.
- My mother is in Jakarta now. My father is in Jakarta now -->
- My mother is in Jakarta now, and so is my father.
- My mother is in Jakarta now, and my father is too.
Yang di atas adalah contoh pemakaian so dan too dengan menggunakan is, am, are. Dan yang dibawah ini contoh-contoh dengan menggunakan do/does.
I/you/we/they =========== do
She/he/it =============== does
- She goes to school at 6, and so does he.
- She goes to school at 6, and he does too.
- They buy a new car. I buy a new car-->
- They buy a new car, and so do I.
- They buy a new car, and I do too.
- I was in Jambi in 1990, and so were they.
- I was in Jambi in 1990, and They were too.
I /you/we/they/she/he/it ============did
- Toni went to Malaysia, and so did John.
- Toni went to Malaysia, and John did too.
- I have eaten, and so has she.
- I have eaten, and she has too.
- They have come here, and so has she.
- They have come here, and she has too.
- You are speaking. He is speaking-->
- You are speaking, and so is he.
- You are speaking, and he is too.
- Shinta is singing, and so is Jojo.
- Shinta is singing, and Jojo is too.
- They will sleep, and so will she.
- They will sleep, and she will too.